Sunday 6 November 2016

Rockingham 10k

Martin Carter

Members of Grantham Running Club traveled to the Rockingham Speedway Circuit in Corby for the Rockingham 10. With three members all keen to capitalise on this excellent running surface and hoping for personal best times. The event which is now in its second year holds a duathalon, a 10 mile and 10k race distances all at the same unique venue.

After a delayed start because of torrential rain, the GRC trio were under away with the 10k race. Despite the poor weather continuing throughout the race, all three posted very strong performances

Having braved the wind and rain throughout the course, Scott Jones was first into the 'Pit Lane' Finishing in 7th position and an incredible new personal best time of 39.33. His 2nd PB in as many weeks.

Second in was Martin Carter with another romping performance and another PB of time of 49:05.

And thirdly, Keiron Atter a very respectable time of 56:20, just outside of his PB.

Scott added ' I raced this last year in slightly worse conditions so wasn't expecting much today with it being similar. But once the Klaxon went i was concentrating on keeping position rather than time. I realised early on that I could finish within the top 10 so just held on and stuck to the plan. I'm pleased with my performance today and was even more thrilled to have come 7th and 3rd in my age catagory. This concludes my season of PB's over every distance I've raced, I'll have a well earned rest over Christmas and plan for next year!

Position Time Name
Category
Grading AG Ranking
7 39:33 Scott Jones
MV40
72.39%    1265
57 49:05 Martin Carter
All
55.59%     N/A
113 55:46 Keiren Atter
All
48.15%     N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment